Unfortunately I didn’t celebrate National Running Day yesterday… I worked. Then came home. Ate dinner…. and ate chocolate chips. I have banned most junk food from the apartment until the end of July. Junk meaning Ice cream and trail mix. But in the spirit of running – here’s some random Q’s and A’s about running.
1. Favorite race so far: My first Marathon – Chicago – October 7th 2012. Everything about it was awesome – our hotel, the expo, the race, after the race, the city. So far that’s the only marathon I will definitely do again.
2. Favorite running outfit: Any of my racerback tanks. I’m not a fan of pink, but I think my pink under armor shorts are my favorite. Also my quarter length nike tights. Or just plain old black CW-X tights for those longer races.
4. Favorite everyday shoe: Merrel Barefoot Delight Glove
5. Favorite time to run: Afternoon/evening. Pretty much whenever. Not a fan of early morning runs, but i’ll do it if needed.
6. Rather run in hot weather or cold: HOT, even though I feel like dying. I hate being cold, and my hands and feet go numb. Plus don’t like wearing layers, I like my tanks and shorts.
7. Worst running injury: Fortunately I haven’t had anything that has kept me from running…. Never missed a practice or race in cross country – high-school or college. I had chronic shin splints in high school, and the beginning of college cross country. But nothing since, just minor foot pain thats been hanging around for a year… but has yet to manifest into anything.
8. How I would describe my running: Consistant… I guess. Also unpredictable… I could feel great but then have an aweful run, or feel eh but then have a good run.
9. Favorite distance to run: Half Marathon (13.1) – I can still go fast, but don’t feel like I have to sprint the entire race.
10. Favorite running accessory: My Garmin 110
11. If I don’t run, I: Do a workout dvd, or P90X yoga, or tons of squats, lunges, and stuff with weights…. or go to the gym and elliptical (ugh).
12. I won’t run outside if: There’s lightning…. or a blizzard.
13. Currently training for: for once… nothing. Until Monday I start training for my next marathon.
14. Potential running goal for 2013: Still – to qualify for Boston.
15. Next race is: Next wednesday (12th) – the 3rd dirt cheap trail race.
Last night was not a good night for sleeping. I’ve been up for a couple hours now… and it’s still only 6:47 am! But it’s my day off… so I don’t care, the longer the day the better. Plus maybe i’ll get motivated and start being productive. I could go for a run…. but I might just go to the gym. I kinda want to save all my running for when I start Marathon (#4) training on Monday.
I’m proud to announce Kyle and I will be returning to the Adirondacks in October to hike more of the high peaks, and camp. It’ll be for his B-day!