- Week 1: Goal 31 miles – I ran 28.6
- Week 2: Goal 41 miles – I ran 40.4
- Week 3: Goal 46 miles – I ran 22.25
- Week 4: Goal 46 miles – I ran 42.4
- Week 5: Goal 51 miles – I ran 36.3
- Week 6: Goal 36 miles – I ran 21.3
- Week 7: Goal 51 miles – I ran 28.1
- Week 8: Goal 53 miles – I ran 46.6
- Week 9: Goal 52 miles – I ran 31.3
- Week 10: Goal 41 miles – I ran 32 (Dropped the ball 😦 )
- Week 11: Goal 57 miles – So far I’m at 14.3
Week 10 was going awesome, until I dropped the ball the last two days and didn’t get in the last 10 miles. I went to work one day and didn’t come home till 12 hours later, I was planning on going to the gym… but I just wanted to go home. The next day I debated on going to the gym before work, decided I would run after work (always a bad idea). I got home after staying later than usual, and just didn’t want to run. Things don’t always go as planned. I’m getting nervous and kinda upset with myself that I’m not going above and beyond to work out. If I don’t qualify for Boston, I’ll know why. With only 4 weeks left… and haven’t done more than a 16 miler. I’m gonna have to do my 20 miler this week or next week.
These last few weeks are going to be the hardest. It’s back to school time, which means I’ll be at work more than I’m at home. It’s worse than black Friday at the store… and it’s everyday… for a month or so. It’s exhausting.
I have a dirt cheap race today (#5) it’s the longest race of the series (about 5.5ish miles). Of course I said I would work today before the race… always makes racing a little tougher.
My workouts this week have consisted of – Sunday – A 4 mile run around town with Kyle, then Monday – 10.3 miles on the elliptical (1 hour 15 min). My elliptical workouts are pretty intense, but I wonder how close to 10 miles that even was….
If I can get in a good long run this week, I think I’ll feel a little better. I also registered for a 12k next week, to force myself to do a faster longer run.