2013 seemed long, I’ll try and remember if I accomplished anything…
I Ran 8 5k(ish) races, 2 10k’s, 2 12k’s, 2 half marathons, 4 marathons, and a bunch of other random distances. Totaled 24 races and 228.285 racing miles.
FAVORITE RACE: The Dirt Cheap Stage Races – 3 trail races over 2 days, I got 3rd overall female, and 2nd in AG.
WORST RACE: Niagara Falls International Marathon – Worst time yet – killed me mentally, took everything I had to keep moving and not quit.
2013 MILES: I ran a total of 1227.66 miles. 828.71 of those miles were marathon training. I raced more miles this year than last year, but trained less.
WORK: I stumbled upon the greatest company and now have a full time job that I love. I no longer work in retail.
- Disney World for Disney Marathon – Kyle’s first Marathon.
- NYC for NY 13.1 Half
- New Jersey for NJ Marathon
- Adirondacks for High Peaks hiking
- NYC for a day trip so Kyle could get tattooed- 22 hour day and 12 hours of driving!
LOOKING FORWARD – IN 2014:
1. We have an EPIC Disney trip booked. For once were not camping but staying in a Disney resort!
Also it will be our 6 year anniversary 🙂
2. My trail race schedule is coming together, still waiting for some race dates to be updated, but I’ll post my plans soon.
3. MAY is going to either make or break me (literally). There are 6 races I want to do that month:
- Trail half marathon – Medved Madness
- 12 hour race (run as much as you can) – Mind the Ducks
- Pink Ribbon 5k
- Dirt Cheap Trail Race
- Chase Corp Challenge – 3.5 miles
- Trail Marathon – Sehgahunda
4. Im really excited about the 12 hour race – Mind the Ducks. Should be my first Ultra Marathon, I’m hoping I can last for at least 50 miles. I would definitely like to do more, but I’m trying to be realistic.
5. Looking forward to training for trails, and really focusing on hills!
6. Kyle and I are changing up our diet. Going pretty plain and simple for a week, then working our way up to vegan for a bit. New Year so were starting it out without any junk.
Starting 2014 off with a 7.5 mile race today. I’d be more excited if it wasn’t freezing…
HAPPY NEW YEAR!