Pre Canlakes 50 miler

I was asleep – and realised I had been sleeping for a while. So I opened my eyes in a panic and looked at the clock – 2:45am. My alarm was set for 2:55am. I was pretty relieved that I didn’t sleep through any alarms, and I was VERY awake. But I still layed there and waited for my alarm to go off. My first thoughts – “Noooooooooooooooooooooooo” and “I don’t want to do this.”

Now im drinking coffee and eating my pre-breakfast snack of homemade vegan rice krispies with peanut butter, molasses, and chocolate. Once those are gone i’ll go downstairs and make oatmeal – I’ve started using trader joes quick(er) steal cut oats. Pretty plain, but easy on the stomach. Plus I add honey and cinnamin 🙂 and chia seeds and hemp seeds, or flax if I have it.

I’ve never been so stressed the day before a race as I was yesterday. Im scared i’ll drink too much water and die – dehydrate and die – Kidney’s fail – die – There’s so much I can do wrong. But hopefully I don’t do stupid things, and hoping I feel the same sort of things as I did during the 12 hour. I hated the feeling of thinking I couldn’t run anymore, but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th winds felt amazing.

I’ll be seeing Kyle at mile 35 – from there he will run me to the finish. Im hoping Im not too much of a baby for those last 15, and hoping I can let him enjoy some of the run. I can’t wait to see him there waiting for me!

Right now it is… 3:53am. I will be leaving at 5:30ish. Race starts at 7:30am. Thanks for reading my pre-race ramble. I hope to live another day, so you can read a post race report.

– The end.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s